Friday, August 15, 2008

Honey, I'm home.....!

Early signs of coming fall in the hills of NC ?


Hello my friends,

Yes, I'm back again from my sojourn up to the North Carolina mountains.
It was a short but wonderful trip!

I've enjoyed the mountain air, saw the beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, I have seen majestic water falls. It was great to see the famous Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. As a Swiss of course I had to visit the region of "Little Switzerland", I have seen some of Ashevilles pretty galleries and I have seen also the railways in Saluda. I ate great food and met a lot of friendly people up there. It was even hard to come back to the lowcountry again, to be honest - I'm missing the mountains already!
:-)

I'll bring up here on my blog from time to time some photos I made from this travel trip to show you the beauty of North Carolina.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo - and it sounds like you had a marvelous time there. I'm jealous, those mountains seems to be so beautiful - and falls! *sigh* I love all kind of falls!

S-V-H said...

Thanks so much for your great comment, Lifecruiser!

We all have seen some "falls" in our life, right?

Bob Johnson said...

Great idea for a shot Susanne, hopefully we still have some time left before our leaves start to fall, they only just started growing here in Saskatchewan,lol.

S-V-H said...

Thanks Bob for your visit on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Too early for fall I hope - even in Norway it is - but the picture was great anyhow!

Little Switzerland sounds terrific - from your description, I almost felt like home :-)

S-V-H said...

Hi Renny,

thanks for your nice comment. Stay tuned to see the pictures about the American version of "little Switzerland".:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin