Friday, October 29, 2010

Crane Flower or the Bird of Paradise Flower

Bird of paradise flower - captured in San Diego CA

Birds of Paradise, 
also known as Crane flowers are one of the most beautiful Exotic Flowers. Birds of Paradise are native to South Africa. Birds of Paradise bloom from September through May.
The flowers of the Birds of Paradise resemble a brightly colored bird in flight and so the name Birds of Paradise.


Hi my friends,
Thank you so much for all those kind comments in my last post.
For today I have a pretty Crane Flower for you, it is better known as the Bird of Paradise.

Yeah, weekend is here, soon - and I wish you a wonderful one. Make it to your best!
~Susanne




All my CALENDARS 2011 are available to buy here: 

11 comments:

nothingprofound said...

Exquisite and unique. I think I saw some last March when I was visiting my daughter in Santa Barbara.

Marcie said...

Such an exquisite bloom. Love the color and detail!

S-V-H said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Marty :)

S-V-H said...

Thank you so much, Marcie!

Trotter said...

Hi Sue! Estrelicia is the name they have in Madeira Island where I was born... And there are lots of them over there! I agree that it's one of the most beautiful flowers existing...

Recovering from the flu and other viruses, Blogtrotter Two is looking at views, palaces and gardens in Algiers... Enjoy and have a great weekend!

S-V-H said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still recovering from the flu, Manuel!! Wish you well soon!

Thanks for taking your time to look at my blog and for the kind comment!

Anonymous said...

another one of yr masterpiece, v nice indeed Sue

S-V-H said...

Thank you so much, Hans. very much appreciated :))

Camera Aficionado said...

You captured the exotic appeal of the flower. What camera did you use?

S-V-H said...

I'm working with the whole
NIKON - family :))

The Retired One said...

Soooo gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin