Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Love Nostalgia

Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days.
Doug Larson



Hi my friends,

I love nostalgia. I loved to see how people were living on the world famous Route 66 back in the good old days. This photo was made in one of the museums on Route 66 during our RV travels last year. Everyone of us remember those old gramophones, right? :)

I'm still a nurse at home, hubby is coughing worse than ever. We went yesterday again to the doctor in the clinic, he got more pills and inhalers, that's all. It seems like its a bad story without an end, the same scenes over and over again - I can't help him to much, I wish I could - and he has all the pain to get trough. I wish the good old days back, also for him, more than ever!

Never give up and think positive, right? It will be well again one day....
See you tomorrow,

Susanne

14 comments:

The Retired One said...

Loved the Sepia and the photo...
I love going to antique stores because of the nostalgia too.

Sue said...

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery.

Ah, yes...I think perhaps as we get a little older we yearn for the good ole days. I love nostalgia too. :)

S-V-H said...

Thank you so much, Joan :)

S-V-H said...

Thank you Sue, he can need it! And thank you for your kind comment too. We share together now not only the passion for photography, right? :)

Susanne said...

First I send best wishes for your husband!
The picture is fantastic, I love it! It brings back lots of good memories when I look at it.
Viele Gruesse, Susanne

Maia said...

When we have some problems, we are inclined to nostalgia.
Just be patient and everything will be well, you'll see.
I wish your husband a fast recovery.

S-V-H said...

Thank you Susanne for your kind comment.

S-V-H said...

Thank you too, Maia. I think "be patience" is the key word anyway. Thanks for the support.

Donald Swarbrick said...

I am sure with a nurse like you, your husband will have a speedy recovery. I wish you both well, and hope your troubles, and concerns end soon.
As you know by my blog insightsofnostalgia, you are hitting the right notes with me, any time nostalgia is mentioned.
Cheers.

S-V-H said...

Hi Donald,
I wish I would rather be a magician than a nurse and doing magic on him just now! :)

Thank you for your kind comment.

Anonymous said...

The old day always sweets. Sweet to be remembered, sweet to be talk about, especially when we passed the day in patient. Once we patient we must continue in patient, if not the sweet old day will ruin, as to the Gramophone keeper, who still kept it patiently for the younger to snap the memory of the old day.

S-V-H said...

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts to Nostalgia, Rad. I appreciate your visit and comments.

myonlyphoto said...

Susanne I like it too. I especially love the old books, and I see some. Anna :)

S-V-H said...

Thanks Anna :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin