Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This and that.....

Beach scene at Jetty Park on Merrit Island - it looks pretty crowded!


He liked his privacy


Fly Pelican, fly...


Pelican rock - as far you can see, hundreds of them were sitting on the rocks and enjoying the sun...


... or sitting on the reeling at the locks where the ships drive from the St. Johns River into the Banana River at Port Canaveral


A deep sea shrimp boat is leaving out to the sea


And this was our WORST campground (St.John's in Palatka) we ever had on our whole travel! It was going down hill on the one side and muddy and dirty too, also the bath rooms - you don't wanted to use them at all! We stayed here one night only because we were tired driving and needed badly a rest. I cannot recommend this place, sorry!


And this here in Lake City is the BEST campground I ever have seen! Everything is clean, functional, not expensive at all, the places are paved and with free Wi-Fi.
That's the best for me, after so many days without connections! :)


This is Mike, working on our car. Read more about Mike more down....


Mike and his helpers...




Hi my friends,

Thank you so much for all your nice comments and your compliments to my last post about Key West. Also for all the best wishes for getting well soon. We are fine again, both of us! And this are the good news. :)

In the meantime we left that lovely and crazy island some days ago and the not so good news are: we had also some mechanic problems with our car - but everything is fixed now and we payed a lot of money to Mike, a nice guy who fixed everything on our RV with big passion and love to his profession. Thank you Mike for your big effort to help us out! If you are at the Space Coast region and ever need mechanical help, call Mike! You will be not disappointed. He is doing good work and he is a nice guy!

Later in the day we drove away more to West and stopped in Lake City on a beautiful campground, the BEST we ever had on our whole trip until today. Important for RV travelers are: real hot showers, clean place and all the facilities like clean bathrooms, laundry, free Wi-Fi!!! That's the most important for me - I'm now connected again. It feels almost like Christmas for me...LOL... I missed you guys!!! :)

I hope you have enjoyed my newest little tour guide around Florida. Our plans are to go from here to the Alabama shores, leaving tomorrow Wednesday or Thursday. The weather here is pretty cold just now, in the 40's in the night....

Talk to you later,
Susanne and David

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Susanne,

Glad to hear all is well now. Thank you for the taking us all along with your wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Love the pelican shots!!

Carole said...

Love all your shots Sue but particularly the heron and pelican shots. Fabulous. Good to hear you are both fine and glad you got your problems sorted on the van. Have a safe journey.

The Retired One said...

LOVED the bird photos! I hope to take some of my own down there this week. We have driven from upper Michigan as far as Virginia, thus far. It is cold in Virginia, but the trip thru the Appalacia (spelling?) mountains was fantastic. We are heading to Savannah Georgia tomorrow and should be in Tampa a few days after that. I will blog pictures after we get back from our travels....but your bird photos have made me more anxious than ever to get to Florida!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but I did. Great pics as usual. Glad you are both well now. So sorry to hear about your RV troubles. I hope you will have smooth traveling now.

OregonArtGuy said...

Hi Sue: You get such greshots that I don't know where to start - really like the Heron in the shade and all the Pelican shots!
Bill

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin