Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Charleston Kaleidoscope 3, A little "Good Bye Tour"

These list of photos will show you what I always will remember of Charleston,SC:

The pretty, colorful houses and the charming architecture


Big, inviting porches where you can relax and enjoy the warm sunshine of the South


All the famous and not so famous houses, reflecting a lot of the great Southern hospitality


Beautiful hidden backyards and tasteful decorated "Porteco's"


All the amazing house doors with friendly people living inside,
anytime ready for a small talk


All the very interesting cemeteries in this town, where a lot of famous people are buried


Always take a look back, to see and remember how pretty even the smallest lanes are!

Stay tuned please, I will have a big announcement to make tomorrow Wednesday and after that I'm not sure how long I will be online for a while. Maybe I will find the time to post one or two pictures out of my favorites to share with you, we will see.... :)

*********


ALL my CALENDARS 2009 are still available here:

* KEY WEST CALENDARS 2009
* CHARLESTON CALENDARS 2009
* FLORIDA CALENDARS 2009
* FLOWER CALENDARS 2009

***

My first photo book about Key West is published now!
A pretty book not only for Key West fans...!
"Good Times in Key West - Seven Years in Paradise"
You can see a preview and place your order here



23 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Beautiful images, as always, Sue, and a wonderful look back at the beautiful city of Charleston. I hate to think of you leaving Charleston. I miss it so much sometimes and your pictures keep me connected in some small way. I hope your new surroundings will be just as inspiring and your lovely photography will continue. xxx

S-V-H said...

I know exactly how you feel, Lin! I'm the same, I'm missing Charleston already, even though I'm still here for some days...LOL..

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures. You have shown me so many wonderful photos in the past few months. Thank you. Your "Goodbye Tour" is stunning.

S-V-H said...

I have to say Thank you to you, Tricia, for all your loyal and kind comments. I'm glad, that my photos could make you happy for some short moments. I'll be back with new excitements pretty soon, stay with me!:)

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful, I love seeing this part of the States!

S-V-H said...

Thank you Carrie! You would love it too, I know that for sure! :)

Mindy Stanley said...

oh how your images make me wish i was there now!!! i would give my right arm for the opportunity to just walk around and see such beauty! you are very talented and i always enjoy looking at your work!!

S-V-H said...

Thank you so much Mindy for all your wonderful words to my post today, very much appreciated!

alicesg said...

Very beautiful photos of the city. Love the beautiful patios of the houses. Always wanted a home with a nice patio and a nice swing. :)

S-V-H said...

Thank you alicesg

for the visit and the kind comment :)

Feisty Crone said...

Beautiful images! Amazing!

S-V-H said...

Thank you so much Gran, very much appreciated! :)

myonlyphoto said...

Hey Susanne and where do you think you are going, lol. The adventure starts soon :), good for you. Great photos as always. BTW hey may be I will be able to keep up with your posts then, lol. Anna :)

S-V-H said...

Hi Anna,

If I will have Internet connection, I will blog about our soon starting travel journey,so don't hurry at all with all your comments. But I' always love to read your kind words. Take care my always happy friend.:)

Anonymous said...

Your "Good Bye Tour" continues to provide a lovely look at Charleston. However, the anticipation is building regarding following you in your new adventures as you share your travels on your blog.

S-V-H said...

Thank you Sue,

to be my loyal friend also in the next coming days, weeks, months or even years...who knows :)

Carole said...

Such pretty scenery Sue and well taken and shown to their best vantage.

S-V-H said...

Thank you very much for this nice comment, Carol!

Anonymous said...

Nice photographs and hope you still continue shooting

S-V-H said...

Hi ChrisY,

thanks for the comment. Of course I will be shooting - you would make a photographer unhappy,if he cannot shoot anymore..LOL.. :)

Anonymous said...

nice photos! i like it very , very much!

S-V-H said...

Thank you ivory,

for your very nice comment. Nice to see new faces visiting my blog.:)

Anonymous said...

Sue, wonderful shots, my mother grew up in Charleston and has tons of photos of the old town and historic buildings. Not any that are as well composed as these and they suffer from the age of the film. Seeing your pics just reminded me of my mother's childhood there. Your pictures of charleston have a timeless quality to them. I wanted to be able to use my mother's old pictures in the same ways that I can use my digital images and I found a company local to us www.35mm-slide-scanning.com to convert the 35mm negatives to digital stuff, not sure if there is a similar company in or near Charleston. Do you shoot in film or digital? Do a lot of pros like you still use film?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin