Tuesday, February 02, 2010

One Flap of a Seagull


“One meteorologist remarked that if the theory were correct, one flap of a seagull's wings would be enough to alter the course of the weather forever”

~ Konrad Lorenz ~


Hi my friends,

thanks for writing me such kind comments and compliments on my blog. You brighten up my day - because it's dark and rainy here in Florida where I'm sitting just now. And more rain is predicted for in the later afternoon. Anyway, one day... the sun will be back for sure, it's the Sunshine State and the name only is promise enough, right? :)

Let the sunshine in - and see you tomorrow again.
Susanne



12 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love visiting your blog. I live in Washington state and we're having a warm winter. We know we'll pay for it this summer when our lawn is brown, but we're enjoying the weather. So thank you, Florida, for taking some of our winter.

I do miss the snow (shhh, hopefully no one heard that)

S-V-H said...

Thank you for this nice comment, Kimberley :) you made me smile :)

The Retired One said...

Love those seagulls...and the quote!
Hang in there, I am sure the sun will shine for you soon!

S-V-H said...

I will, Joan.... no problems :)
Thanks for visiting.

nothingprofound said...

Reminds me of a winter many moons ago when my wife and I traveled to Florida to visit relatives. We were there a week and saw a total of two hours of sunshine. The beach looked exactly as you picture it in this photo, bleak and deserted. But it was better than winter in NY and we still enjoyed our long walks in the sand, and the company of a few hundred seagulls.

S-V-H said...

Hi Marty,
yes, you describe that morning at the beach very well. It was so, I liked the ambiance and to walk on mornings like this.

Thanks for visiting.

Michael said...

Wie immer, schoene fotos ;)


Ich habe schon der neuen Apparat Nikon D5000. Ich habe auch Samyang - FISH EYE gekauft und ein paar neue Fotos gemacht ;)


Viel Glueck!!!

S-V-H said...

Congratulations zu deiner neuen Kamera, Michael! Wow... und nun werde ich alle deine supertollen Fotos noch mehr geniessen :)

Trotter said...

The sun will shine!!

S-V-H said...

I know it, I know it, Manuel ;)
thanks for your kind comments.

myonlyphoto said...

I like this photo a lot Susanne, and the quote is very interesting. Thanks for sharing and inspirations, and the warmth send to us through your pictures, thanks my friend. Anna :)

S-V-H said...

Thank you for liking my picture, Anna :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin