Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I Was Tagged !
As I mentioned already in my post from yesterday I got tagged TWICE from 2 blog friends of mine:
Michael at "Postcards from myself" and Richie from the blog "An Arkies musing"
I'm feeling free now and do this games only ONCE and not twice and I hope you guys don't mind about my decision and agree with me :)
The rules in this game are: You get tagged and you will tag (5) others - it’s that easy! Or maybe not that easy....O.k. then... the exact rules of this meme are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 (or more) random things about yourself.
4. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
But in between you also have to write something about yourself, something most people think, they don’t know about you. If you don’t want to expose your darkest sides – show only the sunny side of you, maybe they ever find out the other stuff.
O.k.….well, then let’s starts!
What You Don’t Know about Me is:
1) I was born in Hungary, grew up in Switzerland. I have two official nationalities and additional the permanent resident card from the U.S.,of all that I’m very proud of it. Today I’m married with the love of my life: a real cornbread eating, “Southern Boy”. He is the best thing what could happen to me in the last 8 years! :)
2) I LOVE to travel – that must be the Hungarian Gypsy blood in me - and I have visited many countries in Europe. Mostly, I liked Italy the best – and still do today - and of course the Italian food and the excellent wines, especial in Tuscany. Did you know that in certain restaurants in Italy you have to pay a weird fee called, “coperto?” Coperto is a tax you must pay for using dishes, napkins, fork, spoon and knife….. Mamma mia! :-)
3) I speak 5 languages: Hungarian, German, French, Italian and today English too. Some of the languages need a little brush up from time to time – that’s why would be great to take some trips again!
4) I served in the Swiss Army from 1981 - 1988. And some of my friends still call me:
“The Little General”. :)
5) My biggest passion in life was always photography. I got my first KODAK camera (old and used) as a gift for my 12th Birthday. I was so happy and started running through many, many film rolls, in black and white, of course. Back then I already knew that one day I would be a “real” photographer! Today, I have changed all my equipment to the D-NIKON family.
6) I'm so excited to tell you about this, and this is now the newest NEWS I have:
We - hubby and I - are on the way to "hit the road" soon to fulfill finally our since many years dream. We will be going on our big travel journey called "Across America - Two artists on the road". We've bought last week a nice camper and are ready to go in 3 or 4 weeks. We will leave Charleston for good and our first stop will be Florida, to warm up a little bit...:)
Our biggest goal in general is to "Go West", to see a lot of great stuff, places and the beautiful landscape in this country and to meet a lot of interesting people on the way. I will blog about of course, doing my photography and I'm learning now also how to do videos... Attention blog friends: we are coming...LOL...
If you want to meet us and let us maybe park in your yard for a day or two, please let me know! For your generosity we can offer you our help in all kind of work like cutting the grass, cooking a REAL Hungarian Goulash for you, walking the dogs, sitting your vacation home, cleaning the pool, paint a picture for your home or office (see our website for Davids paintings: www.vanhulstart.com ), or let me do some nice pet photos made from your four legged friend or even a portrait session with you or your family, we will also cut your hair or babysit your kids...you name it....whatever it will be, we will do it with big FUN - and I'm looking forward to meet you! For early reservations in advance please write to: email@example.com :)
7 ) I have also two wonderful kids from my first marriage, Jeannine (38) and Daniel (33) and two sweet grandchildren, two boys “Fabrice” (5 now) and “Janis” (3 in January 2009), living over there in Switzerland and I'm missing them very much! On the phone they always say: “Hi America Grosi”! Grosi is a Swiss-German slang and means ”Granny”. I am for them the "America-Granny" :...sounds real old...right? :)
8) My goal in life was always to not work at a regular job past 50 years old. I almost made it, I was 51 when I stopped doing my wedding photography business and came over here to this wonderful country America, together with my husband, who was back then my boyfriend - we got married in Key West! I’m proud of myself about reaching my goal. My next goal is to live 58 more years to realize all the plans that I still have in my head. :)
9) I'm not always just a nice person....LOL...something that can make me really angry is when somebody is too late for an appointment and not on time! That’s the moment when I’m freaking out! It must be my “built-in” Swiss watch, I guess! To be on time means – for me – to show respect to the waiting person, or at least: please call!
10) My biggest dream as a little girl was to get a BIG box of colored pencils – I have loved to draw since I was a little kid!! But because my parents were very poor and because of certain very sad political circumstances that happened in the far past, I never got THOSE pencils! Until 2001 – here in America I could finally fulfill my dream and today I’m a proud owner of the BIGGEST box of Colored Pencils you can buy – MY Colored Pencils! And finally, my deepest childhood dreams came true. I had to wait almost 43 years. Now I am coloring everything in sight!
Oops,....these are now more than 6 points about me... O.M.G. I must be a chatterbox - LOL..... :) Of course, You can tell your whole life story if you like.... :)
And now I’m going to TAG 5 blogs I'm reading with RSS feed:
Sue Henry Photography
Karen in BC, at MyBootsnMe
Angie, Angie's Photo Blog
Bill, Oregon Fine Art Gallery Blog
Letitia, Malta Magic