Friday, August 22, 2008

I've visited Saluda, NC

I promised you two days ago to show you more photos from our journey to North Carolina. Driving from Asheville NC, take this exit 59....


...and after some minutes nice mountain driving you'll see this picturesque little town: Saluda. It is like cut out of a picture book, so neat and clean, with good restaurants and a lot of nice shops in the main street - you cannot miss it, it's so small. :-)

This is the view to the main street from the other side of the railroad crossing, only some houses, that's all.


Shady trees in the main street, with inviting shops everywhere


This is the window of the City Hall. It's like the time stopped and never came back. Do you see that great old type writer in the window?


As you know already, I like to photograph details, and flowers - like this scene here.....


...or this one! I love the wooden bench too.


Flowers are everywhere in this pretty little town!



Tomorrow I'll show you a series of photographs I made about something very special I have seen in Saluda. And I met a very nice person there too. Stay tuned for tomorrows post!


Below you can read what the Internet has to say about Saluda.

Since the turn of the century, Saluda, North Carolina has been a favorite vacation destination. Need an escape from the heat or a respite from the hectic pace of life? Long for peaceful tranquility, scenic beauty and fresh mountain air? Come discover one of Western North Carolina's hidden jewels. Nestled at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Saluda is a great place to enjoy seasonal beauty throughout the year. Convenient to many wilderness, architectural, civic and otherwise "charming" attractions, Saluda invites you to visit for a day, a week, or longer.




Make good MONEY online, display CBproAds on your blog!
It's easy to sign up and it's FREE!

Visit also my E-shop

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This reminds me quite a lot of Victoria... Beautiful!

S-V-H said...

Thank you so much for taking your time and visiting my post, Expat!

Bob Johnson said...

Beautiful shots and place, thanks or the info, cool it is at the foot of the famous Blue ridge Mountains to boot

S-V-H said...

Thank you Bob, for your kind comment. Have you seen my post from yesterday, with those stormy clouds from TS "Fay"?

Tawnya Shields said...

Oh how I love North Carolina with its gorgeous little towns. I visited Asheville about three years ago. By myself. I kept getting lost! I noticed everywhere I stopped they had maps of the town! Ha ha ha ha ha. I didn't feel so bad.

I took lots of pics. The mountains are so enchanting. I left really early in the morning and the sunrsie with the mist coming off of the Smoky Mountains was breathtaking. I hope to visit again. This time with my hubby. I want to see if he can get through that town without getting lost!

Beautiful pics of Saluda. I am missing North Carolina so much right now. I think the people are so awesome. I would love to retire there.

Take care,
Tawnya

S-V-H said...

Yes, Tawnyia you are so right in any aspects: NC is pretty and the people are nice and to retire there is not only cheap, it is really nice!

Voegtli said...

This is really a nice little town. From my experience, I have noticed that little towns, where not many people go and visit, have often more charming things to show than big towns. Perhaps the charming things in big towns are hidden because of the uncharming ones.

S-V-H said...

Thanks Peter,
for reading my post. This little town has preserved a lot of his own charm, you are right.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin