Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shrimp Boats in McClellanville, at the Coast of South Carolina

McClellanville, a small picturesque fishing village
at the Coast of South Carolina



I love harbor scenes and my first post about McClellanville is dedicated to the shrimp boats, sitting in the harbor, just coming back from the morning catch


I love details, like here: all the ropes they need on a boat


and the colorful nets


and all the poles in and around the boats


net details


more colorful details...


View in the back of a boat


Even rust can be beautiful...


pretty colors

Last Monday we drove up to the north at the coast line of South Carolina to visit a little fishing village with the name McClellanville. Today I'm showing you some picture impressions from the dock where the shrimp boats were sitting in the small harbor.

Tomorrow I will show you more photos from a picture book perfect surrounding and the small village it self. Stay tuned....


P.S. this is my #651 post today with more than 20'400 visitors!
Thank you all for stopping by almost every day and for having you as my loyal friends and for all your kind comments in all these days!

18 comments:

Kang Boim said...

hi ...blog hopping here...nice blog and nice post...wanna x-change link with me ???

S-V-H said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, kang boim.

I do link exchanges with blogs with a pagerank 3+.

Double "D" said...

I started looking at these photo's and realized
I have been to this exact spot a long time
ago. What good memories and lovely
photo's. These are the kind of photo's and
sketches I look for when looking for new
reference for painting. You do it so much
better than I. I'm in to aim and shoot, got that
got that, etc. Just reference. You got me started looking for these photo's I took so many years ago.
Thanks for the memories.

S-V-H said...

Hi double "d",

thank you for visiting and for your nice and interesting comment. I'm happy that I could bring back to you with my photographs some forgotten memories. :-)

Daniel Bates said...

I'm glad you enjoyed McClellanville, if you ever want to learn more about the area and see some of my pictures visit MyMcClellanville.net

S-V-H said...

Hi Daniel,

thank you very much for your kind comment to my photos about McClellanville. I enjoyed very much your little pretty village, yes!

Michele said...

Awesome photos... I really love the close ups of the nets and the ropes... that has to be my favorites...

S-V-H said...

Thank you Michele! :-)

Wayfarer said...

I would have passed by things like this but you bring them to life Sue. Never stop surprising me... ;-)

S-V-H said...

Hi Rick,

thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment. You made me smile..:)

Voegtli said...

This beautiful pictures reminded me of something. Of Forrest Gump, this extraordinary movie.

S-V-H said...

Yes, Peter you are so right. We were also joking around about "Forrest and his shrimper friend Bubba" when we saw the boats and for the most when we smelled the rotten shrimps, drown out to the side of the boats.

Thanks for commenting.

Carole said...

Sue you have caught some really good textures with these photos. Great set of images to show off the boats and their workings etc. Can't wait to see tomorrows.

S-V-H said...

Hi Carol,

I'm glad you liked this post, thanks for commenting.

myonlyphoto said...

Susanne, these are amazing, especially the wire and net photos. Anna :) PS You are goooood!

S-V-H said...

Hi Anna,

I'm blushing..LOL...thanks for your nice compliment. I'm glad you like the photos so much!:-)

Anonymous said...

I love this whole series of shots, the Tree Boat is amazing!!

S-V-H said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for visiting. Are you on your way already? :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin