Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Last time Strolling down Duval Street - #2


Bahama Village is an enclave of new and spruced-up shops, restaurants, and vendors leading the way in the restoration of the historic district where black Bahamians settled in the 19th century. The village lies roughly between Whitehead and Fort streets and Angela and Catherine streets. Hemingway frequented the bars, restaurants, and boxing rings in the village.

Men in Key West have their own bar too, where man meet man...



The Key West New Year's Eve celebration was shown live on CNN.

No doubt about it...Key West love's to party. And what's a better excuse than New Year's Eve?

There were different gathering spots that offered their own unique version of the time honored tradition of lowering something special as the clock winds away the last seconds of the year.

And CNN's favorite was to see "Sushi", a local drag queen celeb, lowered from a Duval Street balcony, riding a huge high-heeled shoe.



Everything about Cuba, from great Art to fashion with the words Cuba on, you will find it here.



I like this simple and so typical architecture in America of this house front at Duval Street.

8 comments:

Michele said...

Hmm.. you know, to come to think of it, I think I saw some of this on TV... and you want to leave this wild and crazy party town?! LOL.... they are surely going to miss you!! :)

GMG said...

Wonderful stroll around Duval Street! Loved to see it again thru your lens. Great work!

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Susanne,
This little spot of the world sure has a lot of diversity. I like places like these. It is what gives them their charm.

I love how they incorporate so many lovely colors. :o)

S-V-H said...

Hi Michele,

thanks for writing your kind comment. Yep, they will miss me like crazy...LOL..but I can come back anytime for any bigger party in town. :-)

S-V-H said...

Hi Gil,

Nice to see you again here on my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed the stroll with me.:-)

Bob Johnson said...

Great pics! a very colorful street, Susanne, I have an award for you on my blog.

S-V-H said...

Hi Titania,

Thanks for your kind comment. You are so right with your comment about "diversity" down here.

S-V-H said...

Thank you so much for this award,Bob and for your comment here.:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin